January 4, 2014

Gathered Fabric Bowls

I finished my first project of 2014! Of course, I had to start a new project instead of finishing one of the projects I have waiting around for me, but oh well. :p Why did I choose this particular new project you say? Well, let's make a short story a little longer.


I signed up for a Craftster account last June, but I hadn't really done much with it until the end of the year. I don't have friends who craft, so I had been trying to find ways to connect with other crafters to share projects and ideas. I managed to make my way back to Craftster and dove right in to sharing my projects and participating in the forums. Like I mentioned in my 2014 Craft Challenge post, I'm participating in 50 Projects in 2014 on Craftster. I'm also participating in 14 Quilts in 2014. This one might be a stretch for me, but most of my planned quilty projects are small-scale or mini-quilts, not full-sized quilts. I've included them in my 50 Projects list to remind myself to make progress on quilty projects too!

One thing I am most excited about on Craftster is that the site has organized craft swaps. I participated in my first ever craft swap in November (not on Craftster), one for handmade Christmas ornaments, and it was a lot of fun! In December, I signed up for my first craft swap on Craftster, and that's how I came to make my first project of 2014.

The person I was crafting for had some cute fabric bowls on her wish list, and I jumped at the chance to make them for her. I followed this tutorial on A Spoonful of Sugar to make my bowls. I made three sizes with 6", 8", and 10" circles. They ended up a little smaller and shallower than I thought they would be, but I really like them. I used the same black and white print on the outside of each bowl, and the inside colors are varied. They nest easily and would be great for holding craft supplies. I definitely need to make some for myself!

 Have you made your first project of 2014 yet? What was it? I'd love to see it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...